Attendance is important! An item of particular concern to the staff and administration is attendance and punctuality. If a student has excessive absence or tardiness, this will undoubtedly affect their grades. When absent, students are responsible for making up missed assignments and work. Due to the course evaluation system, absences for any reason, may lead to reduced grades in some courses.
When a student is kept home due to illness, we request that the parents contact the school before 8:00 a.m.
High School students are expected to observe standards of dress and grooming which are neat and appropriate. Cut off jeans, short skirts and revealing tops should not be worn. Skirts should be knee length or longer and trousers should be waist high not baggy.
- All students should treat teachers, staff, and each other with respect and courtesy.
- All students should follow the instructions of their teachers and school staff.
- All students should help to keep the school clean and not damage or deface school property (i.e. writing on desks). All students should put their litter in the bins provided. Students are responsible for any damage they cause.
- No student should be out of class without the Exit Card.
- No food, especially chewing gum, is allowed in classrooms. No drink, except water is allowed in classrooms.
- All students must come to class on time.
- All students must bring completed homework and required materials to class every day. Students are responsible for their own property.
- Correction fluid is not allowed at school. Written mistakes should be crossed out.
- All students should be attentive and polite in class. Students should not create a disturbance or talk out of turn.
- Attendance every day in every class is compulsory.
- I.S.M. follows an English language curriculum. All students are expected to use English at all times except when a lesson is conducted in Arabic or French.
- Firecrackers, phones, iPods and other electronic devices other than calculators are prohibited. If a student has any such item during school time, it will be confiscated and returned at the discretion of the administration.
- No fighting, bullying, smoking or public displays of affection between boys and girls is allowed on school grounds.
- No climbing on buildings, fences, roofs or in and out of windows.
- The behaviours listed above include the most common (but not all) misbehaviours that could result in a detention. A comprehensive list would require far more imagination than we actually have.
- No weapons of any sort (i.e. knives, tasers, brass knuckles) or weapon replicas are allowed on school grounds. Any student found with any such item on school grounds may be expelled (even if the item does not belong to them).
- Graphing, programmable or solving calculators may not be used for exams. No item may be shared between students during an exam. If a student comes more than 15 minutes late, he or she will not be allowed to write the exam. If a student is caught cheating or bringing cheat notes into an exam, they will be given a zero on that exam.
- In addition to the above rules, each teacher may have a few specific classroom rules that would be considered part of the school rules for that particular class.