ISM International School
This is a fantastic opportunity for qualified and motivated teachers that also have a touch of wanderlust! ISM School teaches the Irish Curriculum with the students writing the Irish Leaving Certificate Exams (ILC) at the end of Grade 12.
We currently have need of fifteen teachers, due to an increase in student numbers:
High School Teachers Needed
- Two Grade 7-9 English writing techniques / essay writing teachers
- One Grade 10-12 English writing techniques / essay writing teachers
- Two Grade 9-12 English literature teachers
- One Grade 9-12 Physics teacher
- One Grade 9-12 Chemistry teacher
- Three Grade 9-12 Mathematics teachers
- One Grade 7-12 Art and Art History teacher
- One Grade 7-10 Junior High Biology teacher
Elementary Teachers Needed
- One Grade 6 class teacher
- Two Kindergarten class teachers
- Design interesting lessons that meet the ILC curriculum.
- Usual teaching load is twenty-four 45 minute blocks per week in High School. Those teaching above 25 blocks per week will receive extra pay.
- Grade advisor to approximately 25 students. Participate in school wide activities.
- Elementary school day is from 7:45 to 2:30.
- Degree in teaching desired subject area from a recognized university (or an after degree teaching certificate)
- Experience working with teenagers or appropriate age group
- Should be a native English speaker
- Salary: Based on experience and education (up to $2000 US dollars net per month) plus 1000 Libyan Dinars net per month
- Housing: Furnished including electricity and heat
- Healthcare: Within Libya usually, you pay, and the school will refund you.
- Sick or Emergency Leave -- 15 days per year maximum
- Annual return airfare to point of origin
For people with lots of enthusiasm and energy, there are many other opportunities to tutor or teach more classes! Send your resume and cover letter to:
- Ali Shwaikh (email@example.com)
- and D. McPhee (firstname.lastname@example.org)